Generally, there are the following types of cookies:
Based on expiry:
- Session cookies will only exist until you close your browser.
- Permanent cookies have a longer lifespan and are not automatically deleted once you close your browser.
Based on their source:
- Origin: Enabled by the website which is being browsed.
- Third party. These originate from other websites.
1. Analytical cookies
These are used to compile statistics on user activity. They analyze the number of visitors to the website, the number of pages visited, together with the activity of users in the website and frequency of use. The information collected is always anonymous so that any link between this and a physical person to whom it refers cannot be established.
2. Authentication cookies
These are used by the website to maintain the user session during each visit. They are dominant in private environments of the website, which requires a user and password for access.
3. Cookies used by social networks
These enable users to share the contents of interest with contacts in a social network, through the corresponding plugin inserted in the website. Plugins store and access cookies of the user terminal and enable the social network to identify its users when they interact with plugins.
4. Cookies used by external contents complements.
These cookies are stored by third parties and are required to provide some type of service. For example, within this category of cookies are the multimedia player cookies, which are used to store technical data regarding video or audio contents, such as image quality, load parameters, etc.
5. Third party cookies for the personalization of advertising space
These are stored by third parties and enable advertising space to be managed that users view on accessing the website.
However, in the event that users wish to later delete the cookies that are stored in their computer and which required their consent, they can do this by using the tools provided by their browser for this purpose. You can find additional information through the following links:
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/home
- Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/ph/807/es-es
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677?viewlocale=es_ES
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/8.54/es-ES/index.html
If a user does not accept cookies or they are later rejected, the features of the website could be affected.